And Just like that.....My Blog is Born!!

Now that I have a little time on my hands (yeah, right!), I've decided to continue my quest to improve teaching and learning.  Through this blog I hope to share teaching ideas for science and math for elementary and middle school teachers.

I've learned so much and continue to do so every day.  My own students inspire me with great ideas and insight into teaching.  I want to provide this forum for idea sharing and conversation starting. Education is an ever-changing, living and breathing entity.  I've been in the education business for a quarter of a century (Wow!,..did I just type that??!!).  I've seen trends come and go, but one thing remains the same:  We all want what's best for kids!

I have many personal friends and acquaintances in this profession.  My hope is to bring us all together to start conversations and share ideas.  My other secret hope, (ok, maybe not so secret) is that I can inspire teachers to get teaching science again in effective and engaging ways.  I know the plates are full, especially at the elementary level; let's figure out how to MAKE ROOM FOR SCIENCE!

I am a firm believer in "more heads are better than one".  Let's put our heads together and tackle this issue.  Our kids deserve to be introduced to the wonder of science while their curiosity about this amazing world we live in is at its peak.

So my mission begins....I hope you'll join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment